An elegant ball gown from the second bustle period.
* this gown can also be hired for our Victorian Ball in May, please contact me if interested.
* made in high quality italian silk taffeta and plain silk (Sudbury Silk mills)
* decorated with white cotton lace, velvet ribbon and and silver metallic trim
The outfit consists of :
* A skirt with lace flounces
*An overskirt drapery in darker silk, bordered with velvet ribbon
* a fitted evening bodice with short sleeves. The bodice is boned and the seam allowances are overlocked. The bodice closes with back lacing, eyelets are worked by hand. there is a matching modesty panel so the sizig can be regulated.
To achieve the typical silhouette, the ensemble should be worn over a corset, a bustle cage and at least one petticoat - all items can be ordered in our shop.
bodice . Completely closes at :
waist: 35" .
armpit to waist - 7.5"
would probably look best on a corseted size 18. the lacing at the m= back would alow for another 2 inches bigger if needed!
Skirts: waistband closes at 335" front length 35" The length of the skirt can be adjusted by adding another silk ruffle ( would cost additional £30 to cover the silk and labour, please email me prior to purchase if interested )
The models is just over 5ft tall.
* Accessories not included
Bespoke gowns like this one start from £800 labour plus fabric - so a great bargain!
UK tracked and insured postage included.
Overseas buyers - please select the big parcel option at the checkout. Any excess shipping will be refunded.