A magnificient set of a a sack back ( robe a la francaise) and a petticoat in silk.
*stunning striped silk fabric, from Sudbury silk mills, very rare! 9 metres went into the gown- the fabric was £60 originally-bought at a discount, st £25per metre- so a great bargain!
* francaise bodice lined with linen
* hand stitched outside finish
* decorated with pinked and pleated self trim and matching gold metallic braid.
* sleeve decorated with pleated cuffs and cotton embroudered lace
*bodice closes in front - for historical accuracy, with pins (not included). The stomacher is first pinned onto the stays, by the tabs, then the front of the robe is pinned to the stomacher. The new onwer can also add ( or have them added), rings and a decorative lace if required - lacing over a stomacher means less pinning!.
* the bodice has hidden ties at the back of the lining, so the size can be regulated. pin the front first and then adjust the fit at the back.
* skirt closes with tapes, so easy to regulate size. ( when wearing, first tie the ties of the back piece in front, and then the ties of the front piece at the back :-)
*pocket hoops not included. See a separate listing for the pocket hoops!
* for economy's sake, the inside finish is modern - do contact us if you would like bespoke clothing made using original Georgian techniques! Bespoke set like these start from £600 plus fabric.
Bodice, fully laced at the back, closes at chest, over a pinned stomacher - 39-42", waist 30-36"
Please measure yourself on the stays, not without!
Skirt easy to regulate with the ties, size 14-18
Probably best suited for UK sizes 14-18 .Here shown on a busty size 12, with the back laced close- too big!
It needs to be worn on correct support garments:stays and pocket hoops/ panniers.