*Made in 2 layers of sturdy cotton duck canvas and top layer in stuning silk brocade, with period correct pattern, a very rare fabric!
* bound with cotton bias.
* linen tape ties at the shoulder straps and at the back.
* spiral lacing at the back, with a very long lace, allowing for regulation
* shoulder straps can be detached and moved if need be.
* bones with synthetic whalebone - sturdy and mimicking the qualities of the original whalebone well.
* hand worked eyelets for lacing
* for economy's sake, the inside finish is modern - do contact us if you would like bespoke clothing made using original Georgian techniques! Bespoke stays like these start from £550
Stays close at chest - 40" (102cm), waist 34" (86cm), side length 7,5" (18cm)
Best suited to natural measurements of chest 42-45", waist 36- 39".
The stays are based on the super comfortable pattern from The Redthreaded!
Stays, just like corsets, should be comfortable and not restrict your movement. It will take a few wears for the bones to mould to your body, so please do not lace too tight!
UK postage, insured and tracked, inculded.
Please note that wearing an incorrect size or incorrect use of a corset/stays might result in health issues. They can be beneficial in certain conditions - but detrimental in others, so if you have a back/ spine/rib condition please check with your doctor prior to purchasing one. A well fitted corset should feel like a hug and should not cause any discomfort.
If you need a corset/stays to help with any issues, please consult and order bespoke with a profesional medical corsetiere who would be able to design the amount of support suitable to your needs.
It is recommended that only ladies over 18 years old wear and buy corsets.
Prior Attire will not be liable for any medical issues caused by incorrect fit or incorrect/prolonged wearing etc of our corsets/stays.