A striking sheer summer day gown from the 1850s, worn over an eliptical crinoline cage.
Delicate and dreamy, very light and very breathable - perfect for a hot day!
* very rare sheer cotton fabric in stripes
* shawl style bodice lined with plain cotton
* A skirt gathered to the bodice waistband, sporting a dog leg closure
* hem and cuffs decorated with vintage trim - jute and cotton .
* the bodice closes in front with hooks and bars - these can be moved for a closer fit.
* the cuffs also close with a hook - securuing against the trim, so the wearer can adjust freely. alternatively, a bar can be added.
* bodice closes at chest 40" (101.5cm), waist 32" ( 81cm) - or 30" - the waistband has 2 sets of bars attached for regulation.
* the skirt in front is 44" (112cm), sides and back longer to accommodate the crinoline. the back skirt folds are stabilised witha tape so that the body of the skirt is evenly distributed at the back as well.
To achieve the typical silhouette, the ensemble should be worn over a corset and an elliptical crinoline cage, plus a suitable petticoat or two. Hem might need to be adjusted to your the cage ( it is also possible to rework it to fit a round cage.)
Hat, cage and petticoat are not included.
Machine finish inside to keep the pricing down- if you would like to order an outfit with a period correct finishing techniques, please look into the Bespoke secion for information and pricing!
Bespoke gowns like this one start from £700 labour plus fabric.
The gown is light, overseas custmomers please select the small parcel shipping option.