An elegant Regency riding habit with posh military braiding. Suitable for 1800-1820. Based on the famous portrait of Queen Louise.
* made in high quality wool broadcloth from Hainsworth - the fabric doesnt fray, allowing for period correct finish ( no hems needed), easy to clean, breathable and water repellant.
* petticoat (skirt) in wool, with simple straps holding it in the underbust position, it closes at the side. front shorter, long train. Unhemmed, but can of course be hemmed if so required, adjusting the front length to the wearer,
* a spencer jacket in wool, lined with linen, decorated with elaborate braiding using a military metallic braid ( 3 different kinds). The braid is a proper, high quality metallic one from Hand&Lock, not a cheap lurex one, so suitable for Living History.
Braiding done partly by hand partly by machine
*the jacket closes with bottom buttons, with higher buttons serving as a decoration; the braiding also features decorative buttons on both sides
* fashionably long and narrow sleeves ( they will stretch a bit as the wool has a bit of give, but not suitable if you have biceps circumfernece more than 13" (33cm). The cuffs are also decorated with 2 kinds of braid.
* hand finish on the jacket, all around - unhemmed wool and folded linen prick stititched to the wool
The petticoat closes underbust at 34" (86cm), there is room to move thehooks in for a tighter fit if needs be, front length of the skirt, from the waist to the hem is 49" (124cm)
jacket underbust: 35" (88cm), bust 39" (99cm), back 14"(35cm) - again, the wool will have some give over time.
Will fit UK size 12, but please check the measurements carefully before buying, on the undergarments you plan to wear the habit on (stays etc)
*will look best on period undergarments ( here worn on long line stays with cups)
Stays, chemisette and stock etc not included.
Used for a photoshoot and has been near horses, so price is lowered to account of the fact.
Overseas buyers, please choose the heavy parcel shipping option
Bespoke habit in this style starts from £800 plus fabrics and materials