We offer a wide selection of talks from medieval to late Victorian, focused on the clothing and social history as well as crafts. Talk subject , length and contents can be tailor made to your needs - belowe is just a few examples of the talks we have done in the past. talks can include visual presentation, PPoint, handling antique and replica itmes, trying replicas on, having a go at a craft etc. Do contact us if you would like a specific subject discussed
* History of woman's undergarments
* history of corsetry
*history of lacemaking
*lacemaking in 16 and 17th century
*women's fashion in the Victorian era
* Riding habits though the history
* dressing up a Medieval/ Tudor/Suart/ Georgian/ Regency/ Victorian lady/ gentleman
* From the Rococco Splendour to the Regency Elegance - the fashions in the era of Jane Austen
* The era of the sewing machine - the great equaliser. Discussing the machine's influence on the blurring of social distinctions in dress 1850 - 1899
* 'Of Corset she can!' - dispelling the myths surrounding Victorian corsetry.
* Sportive ladies of the 19th century
*The evolution of Victorian fashion
* 500 years of Medieval fashions - 1000 - 1500
* Dressing the Tudors - a lady attire and its changes under the Tudor rule.
* Interpreting the past - the art and science of researching and recreating the historical dress.
*Sidesaddle, bicycle and croquet - or how to escape a chaperone in the 1880s