This mid/late 1890s skirt and jacket set are a perfect combination for a n autumanl/spring walk or promenade.
* medium weight, high quality silk from Sudbuty Mills in a delightful colour and a fashionable dot pattern. the fabirc wasd a bargain find as it has a slight faulty ( see the pictures)
* jacket lined throughout in silk - the lapels have been left blank, they can stay like this or the new owner can decorate them as they wish. The upper part of the gigot sleeves are interlined with stiff organdy.
* the jacket is open - but iI will enclose a matching tab to pin it close .
* the skirt is cut to a late victorian 'umbrella skirt pattern and is lined throughout in cotton, hem reinforced with a self facing. Closes with hooks and bars - these can be moved for a smaller fit.
* both with machine finish inside.
The blouse, petticoats, hat etc not included.
The jacket is open - would fit size 10-12. Back width 14" (36cm). will look best on a chest measurments 34"- 39"
skirt : waist currently set at: 30" (76cm) length, from waistband down) - 39" ( 99cm)
here modelled by a corseted size 12, 170cm tall ( 5'7")
sets like theis one, made bespoke start from £600 plus fabircs