A magnificient set of a a sack back ( robe a la francaise) and a petticoat in silk.
*stunning silk fabric, from Sudbury silk mills, very rare, with a perfect Georgian pattern - stripes and floral design. 10 metres went into the gown- the fabric was £60 originally-bouglhr at a discount, st £23per metre- so a great bargain!
* francaise bodice lined with linen
* hand stitched outside finish
* decorated with pinked and pleated self trim and matching braid. Spare length itv the trump inckuded rob use in a hat etc
*bodice closes in front - for historical accuracy, with pins (not included). The stomacher is first pinned onto the stays, by the tabs, then the front of the robe is pinned to the stomacher. The new onwer can also add ( or have them added), rings and a decorative lace if required - lacing over a stomacher means less pinning!.
* the bodice has a hidden lacing at the back of the lining, so the size can be regulated. pin the front first and then adjust the fit at the back.
* skirt closes with tapes, so easy to regulate size. ( when wearing, first tie the ties of the back piece in front, and then the ties of the front piece at the back :-)
*pocket hoops not included. See a separate listing for the pocket hoops!
* for economy's sake, the inside finish is modern - do contact us if you would like bespoke clothing made using original Georgian techniques! Bespoke set like these start from £450 plus fabric.
Bodice, fully laced at the back closes at chest - 32", waist 28" - plus a stomacher chest 8", waist 5", 3/4 sleeve, side length 7" .
Idealy, fitting a corseted ( with stays) body of chest - 37-40, waist 30- 34
Please measure yourself on the stays, not without!
Skirt easy to regulate with the ties, size 10-14
Probably best suited for UK sizes 12- 14 .Here shown on a busty size 12, with the back laced close...
It needs to be worn on correct support garments:stays and pocket hoops/ panniers.
Matching lace engagantes ( forgot to wear for the shoot, :-( ) available in the shop shortly as a separate listing!
UK traced and insurance postage included.Overseas buyers - please contact us for a shipping quote before purchase!
Installments considered, please drop me a line...
you might find this video on the layers useful! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgr2H42eTnc