An elegant riding habit from 1810-20 featuring a long skirt and a short jacket with striking military braiding
* made in superb quality soft wool from Hainsworth ( superfine), usually retailing at £70 per metre, but got at a bargain price. The cloth is what it would be used at the time, it doesnt fray, and the jacket finish is historically acurate too - the wool edges are left raw woth the linen lining handstitched to it.
* military style braiding with sillver russia braid, with pewter buttons, and a decorative narrower width braid all around..
* the long skirts are unlined, gathered onto a hight waistband and suspended on straps - the length can be easily regulated. a small pad provided a bit more oompth at the back
* the side closure secures with a button, leaving the opening below for pocket reach ( a period solution).
* the skirt inside seams allowances are left raw or selvages are used. the hem is also left raw - the fabric doesn't fray and iof wotn only for riding hemming is not needed - if a lot of walking is required it can be easily hemmed.
The skirt underbust waistband closes at 33" (83cm). there is a spare bit of fabric included to extend the waistband if needed.
The spencer jacket currently closes at 34.5" ( 87cm) underbust, bust 40" (102cm) back width 13.5" (35cm).
A habit like this would be worn over a short stays/riding stays/corset, with the extremely elevated bust position fashionable in the era ( sometimes possible to achieve with a balconette padded bra!) and a chemisette with a stock/ cravat - neither is included in the price.
The stock habits are all priced very attractively due to the fact that they are all on a bit of experimental side as I am working on perfecting the patterns for various sizes and styles - they also have been worn for a photoshoot, some around horses, so there might be a speck of mud or a few stray horse hair that escaped our cleaning service :-)
Bespoke habit in this style starts from £950 plus fabrics
We are not responsible for the custom fees, please check with your postal services if applicable.
POSTAGE: the habit is over 2 kg, overseas customers please select the heavy parcel option.
Payments plans considered (2 installmens), please ask!
Please note that riding in full skirt can be hazardous - Prior Attire will not be responsible for any accidents, please ride responsibly and safely!