These are a bit of an expariment as i was trying some new techniques and solutions, so not perfect - the price is lowered to reflect that :-) please see the pictures
*Made in 2 layers of sturdy cotton duck canvas and top layer in stuning silk brocade, with period correct pattern, a very rare fabric!
* bound with cotton bias tape.
* linen ties at the shoulder straps and at the back.
* spiral lacing
* boned with synthetic whalebone - sturdy and mimicking the qualities of the original whalebone well, centre front/back boned with flat steel bones for durability .
*metal grommets for lacing to save on costs -
* seams covered with tapes for additional durability
* for economy's sake, the inside finish and constriction techniques are modern - do contact us if you would like bespoke clothing made using original Georgian techniques!
Bespoke stays like these start from £700.
Stays close at chest - 35" (89cm) , waist 31" ( 79cm), side length 8" ( 20cm).
Best suited to natural measurements of chest 38-44, waist 34-36"
The side seam had a big seam allowance - this can be taken out, gaining about 2 inches, if needed.
Stays, just like corsets, should be comfortable and not restrict your movement. It will take a few wears for the bones to mould to your body, so please do not lace too tight!
The last photos show the same size stays in a different fabric on a body - just an example of how they wear!
please note you are responsible for any customs taxes your country levvies on imported items
Please note that wearing an incorrect size or incorrect use of a corset/stays might result in health issues. They can be beneficial in certain conditions - but detrimental in others, so if you have a back/ spine/rib condition please check with your doctor prior to purchasing one. A well fitted corset should feel like a hug and should not cause any discomfort.
If you need a corset/stays to help with any issues, please consult and order bespoke with a profesional medical corsetiere who would be able to design the amount of support suitable to your needs.
It is recommended that only ladies over 18 years old wear and buy corsets.
Prior Attire will not be liable for any medical issues caused by incorrect fit or incorrect/prolonged wearing etc of our corsets/stays.